Contribute to the Project¶
This is the contributor documentation for the 52°North project SOS.js. Great to have you here! Here are a few ways you can help!
Learn & listen¶
Best way to get started is to start is getting to know what is going on and how 52°North works:
- Mailing list: http://52north.org/resources/mailing-list-and-forums/
- IRC channel: #52north on irc.freenode.net
- Website: http://52north.org/
- Get involved in 52°North: http://52north.org/about/get-involved/
This list might not always be up to date, so also check the repository contributor list.
Contributor License Agreement¶
52°North requires all contributors to sign a contributors license agreement (CLA). This is not scary, but essential for open source projects to live beyond lifetime of funding projects and individual contributions.
Find all information on our licensing information page at and our CLA FAQ.
Adding new features¶
This section includes advice on how to build new features for the project and what kind of process this comprises.
- Start a discussion on the mailing list about your idea.
- Create an issue to track your work.
- Fork the repository.
- Create a new branch for the feature, e.g. feature-mynewidea
Don’t get discouraged! We estimate that the response time from the maintainers is around a week.
Thanks for helping us to improve the software. Here’s what you can do:
You can help report bugs by filing them in the issue tracker: https://github.com/52North/sos-js/issues/new
You can look through the existing bugs here: https://github.com/52North/sos-js/issues - If you find a bug interesting, help us understand it:
Is the bug is reproducible?
- Is it reproducible in other environments (browsers)?
- What are the steps to reproduce?
SOS.js currently does not support different languages. Are you interested to change this? Get in touch!
Code needs explanation, and sometimes those who know the code well have trouble explaining it to someone just getting into it. That is why we need your help. You can directly contribute to the documentation by forking this project and editing the documentation files.